Sunday, May 26, 2013

More of May's 26 layouts

What do you do when your best laid plans seem to go awry? The piece of paper I used for the journaling block looked really neat sitting on my table. It was a piece I'd created when experimenting with Distress inkpads.  The page is not so bad when you view it up close and personal, but that green ink blot just jumps out at in the photo.



This layout was the first time I'd used yellow and gray together on a layout. I also used a rub-on I'd been hoarding for a few years. Unfortunately the rub-on malfunctioned on the last letter of the final word so I filled it in with black pen. I need to go back and re-do the quote. I think the quote also needs more weight - how do you feel about it?
My new technique for this page was to experiment with my air brush tool. I wanted to make the plain cardstock tie in better to the designer paper used. This is a favorite layout of mine for a double page layout. I think I left the right hand page a little bare and the one word title is not making much sense. I'll need to put more work in to get this one to look finished.
Any suggestions on ways I could improve this?

No comments:

Post a Comment