Monday, May 27, 2013

26 layouts continued




I am still using old stash on my layouts. On this layout I cut flowers from a very bold patterned paper that I had several sheets of and used the flowers as embellishments. The postage stamps were also cut from another sheet of patterned paper that I'd probably been hanging on to since we originally went to Virginia.
This was a very simple layout. The tag on the bottom was the first one I've used out of the little pad that it came with. All of the pictures had significance for the trip that we took. I was truly amazed at the size of the tree stump and in awe of actually seeing Thomas Jefferson's grave monument. It held a sense of transcending time.
This is my least favorite layout of the 26. I think it's just too busy and the photos are not the best. It was difficult to take decent photos in Washington. It was very hot and humid, there wasn't much time to set up and some of the places we went discouraged photos. There were some stories to tell and reactions to things that I really wanted to preserve.
First of my preservation impressions is the photo and story about the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. I love dinosaurs and gem stones so I was so happy that we ended up here. The top picture is a post card I purchased at the Smithsonian and shows the elephant in the lobby so much better than my photo. Since this trip, I've updated my smaller digital camera and I've learned more about lighting and compensating. This page features the first time I've used crocheted flowers on a layout. The tag was special to me also - it came on an article of clothing, it's made of canvas and I've been saving it and was so happy I finally found a home for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment