Sunday, June 16, 2013

Continuing the layouts


I love dinosaurs and marvel whenever I have the opportunity to view their bones on display.  What marvelous creatures they were and how awesome God's world that it could contain, even at different times, dinosaurs and hummingbirds - and that they might be related.
Along with the Smithsonian, we visited the Holocaust museum. The images and stories haunt you when you leave and etch themselves in your memories. After all the sadness, we found the wall of names of all those who risked their own existence to help save others.
The postcard of the shoes so poignantly symbolizes all of those who were lost and the little portrait on the bottom is from a small booklet you receive when you enter the museum. It tells the story of one of the many people who was arrested and sent to the camps.

 This was a difficult page since I'd previously scrapped my only photo. I used the brochures and postcards to document our experience. I also discovered my photo editing program wouldn't let me work with images of currency.


 After Washington, we took a day to kick back and relax and process the things we'd seen the day before and the things we still hoped to fit in.

































No comments:

Post a Comment