Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Things I'm Learning in September

Eleven days ago, I started a class with Shimelle Laine - Learn Something New Every Day. I have been learning a lot - this is the first book I actually used my Bind-It-All on. I'm also learning that it's not as easy to work on the road (during hospital trips) as I thought it was going to be.

Yesterday, our assignment was to make a list of 10 things. I made a quick little journaling box from a stamp set I've had for a long time but never used. I took the box with me while we made a quick unplanned trip to the hospital to have Mags checked out because of side effects from her first chemo treatment. After the hospital, we made the trip to Coventry to take my sister to the grocery store and to see what else she might need. We never got there last week because of the trips to the hospital. When we finished having a nice visit with my sister, we went to our local warehouse store to stock up on a view things. By the time I got home, my list was still blank and although I though about it, I never could corral my thoughts long enough to make the list.

This is pretty much how my class is going. Today is day eleven - I have entries done for days 1 - 4. I have made the book out of salvaged paper from my stash. I am creating collages to illustrate each day and I'm using items from my stash and bits and pieces of stamping techniques I've been trying. I will finish my book (although probably not by October 1). I can at least keep up with reading blogs even if I can't concentrate on writing. And I can still carve out time to get my house in order again and do something crafty every day to save my own sanity.




No comments:

Post a Comment